Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My First Book

I think the first book I ever made was a simple little book made from one piece of 8 ½ X 11 card stock.  I had collected a group of stamps showing Wild Roses and wanted a way to display them.  Illustrations for this method are easily available in both books and online.  This method created a perfectly sized book for postage stamps.


 I made two of them and joined them.  Each stamp was given a page and a little decoration.  Then I covered board with some lovely black handmade paper with rose leaves (I was convinced they were wild rose leaves) and used a ribbon hinge and tie.


I was so pleased with my little book of stamps, I also made one for my second cousin (think niece) to remind her what a beautiful young lady she was.  I thought of it again recently when I watched her walk down the aisle…radiantly beautiful.
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment